HRCI & SHRM Pre-Approved Webinar | Department of Labor Audits: How to Prepare and What to Expect – Your Survival Guide
The DOL (U.S. Department of Labor) audits of welfare benefit plans are happening with greater frequency for companies of all sizes. Are you ready to spend months preparing to comply with and survive the audit? Did you know the following can be the basis for a DOL Audit:
- Complaints by welfare benefit plan participants to the Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA), the DOL agency responsible for administering and enforcing the provisions of Title I of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA);
- Inaccurate or late filings of the Form 5500 Annual Report;
- National enforcement initiatives investigating compliance with ERISA and the Affordable Care Act (ACA);
- The transfer of cases from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to the DOL; or
- Random selection?
Please join us for this HRCI* and SHRM** pre-approved, complimentary, one-hour webinar as Patrick Haynes, AP Benefit Advisors’ General Counsel and VP of Compliance, helps prepare you in what to expect if a DOL audit comes your way.
- Thursday, December 19, 2019
- 2:00pm – 3:00 pm EST
- No cost to attend
- This webinar is open to all HR and Finance Professionals – but not to brokers, agents, TPAs and PEOs
*The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
**AP Benefit Advisors, LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The information contained in this post, and any attachments, is not intended and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. You should contact your employment, benefits or ERISA attorney for legal direction.
AP Benefit Advisors’ webinar and website resources are designed for U.S.-based organizations. Our privacy and GDPR policy should be reviewed here. Please opt-out if you do not agree to these terms and conditions.