HRCI & SHRM Pre-Approved Webinar | USCIS Form I-9: Purpose, Completion and Audit
Immigration related accountability is on the rise. The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) continues to focus on worksite enforcement in 2020. An increasing number of companies are now requiring the use of E-Verify as a prerequisite to doing business and several states are now mandating its use to the point that Congress is considering E-Verify as a mandatory requirement. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires that employers verify the identity and work eligibility of all newly hired employees. The Form I-9 is provided by the Federal government for that purpose. Every employee must complete a Form I-9 when the individual is hired.
Join us for this HRCI* and SHRM** pre-approved, complimentary, one-hour webinar as our Director of HR Professional Services, Cindy Wagner, reviews the following topics and more:
- How many employers comply?
- How many employers regularly monitor compliance?
- What are the deadlines for completing the Form I-9?
- How should employers/employees complete the Form I-9?
- What happens if the employee does not provide the needed documentation timely?
- Can employers obtain too much documentation?
- How should employers handle remote hires?
- What should an employer do in the case of an ICE Audit?
- Thursday, March 26, 2020
- 2:00pm – 3:00 pm EDT
- No cost to attend
- This webinar is open to all HR and Finance Professionals – but not to brokers, agents, TPAs and PEOs
*The use of the HRCI seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
**AP Benefit Advisors, LLC is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC.
For more information, contact email@example.com. The information contained in this post, and any attachments, is not intended and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. You should contact your employment, benefits or ERISA attorney for legal direction.
AP Benefit Advisors’ webinar and website resources are designed for U.S.-based organizations. Our privacy and GDPR policy should be reviewed here. Please opt-out if you do not agree to these terms and conditions.